The £200k bonfire … footballer burns his brand new Ferrari
The epic blaze was watched by locals in Spain after Argentine footballer Ever Banega took his flash new toy for its debut drive.
After a fire started under the bonnet the Valencia player pulled over on the road and ran to his nearby training ground to request a bucket of water.
By the time he returned to the Ferrari 360 Modena it was fully ablaze and beyond anything a bucket of water could deal with.
Later, all that was left of the supercar was a charred back end and a shiny front end.
A spokesman for the football club said the problem was caused by some sort of short circuit in the wiring.
The 24-year old midfielder has had a terrible run of luck with cars this year.
In February he suffered a broken ankle that kept him out the game for six months after he forgot to put the handbrake on his car at a petrol station and it rolled backwards towards him.